The Alleghany Foundation seeks proposals that harness our region’s strengths to develop a vibrant, diverse and higher-wage economy that can compete in the global marketplace. Successful applicants will demonstrate meaningful ways to accomplish the following:
- Leverage the region’s natural resource and historic heritage base.
- Foster innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Connect to regional and state strategies and resources.
- Develop a full continuum of business development services for retention, expansion, and recruitment, focusing on developing “niche” sectors in retail and manufacturing.
- Strategically market the community.
- Purposefully link to the region’s workforce development programs.
The foundation looks to make grants to organizations that can build on existing assets of the region in a way that helps create sustainable economic growth.