Activities grow local institutions and organizations with the vision, will, wisdom, and skills to work together to build a more prosperous, equitable, just, and sustainable community.
- Build high-performing organizations in the non-profit sector.
- Partner with non-profits and outside funders to ensure that the community receives a competitive share of state and federal resources.
- Promote regional collaboration among local governments, non-profit organizations, and funders.
- Grow participation in democratic institutions and processes.
- Ensure that voices from all parts of the community participate and are heard in deliberations on the region’s future.
In trying to support local entities, the foundation recognizes that local governments provide a tremendous amount of leadership and support for many efforts, and it seeks not to duplicate or replace public funding.