Areas of Focus
The Foundation’s priority is to support proposals from organizations that contribute the following outcomes:
- Economic Transformation – In its grantmaking in this category, the foundation seeks proposals that harness our region’s strengths to develop a vibrant, diverse and higher-wage economy that can compete in the global marketplace.
- Educational Attainment – Build the human capital base for a new economy that provides all Alleghany Highland residents with a fair chance of success.
- Health and Wellness – Help the residents of the Alleghany Highlands lead healthier lives and access the comprehensive health care they need.
- Community Capacity – Grow local institutions and organizations with the vision, will, wisdom, and skills to work together to build a more prosperous, equitable, just and sustainable community.
- Leadership and Civic Vitality – Develop broad-based inclusive leadership that can sustain a forward-looking agenda for the community.